The BLPOA Lake Plan process is currently on hold.
Recent events, such as the toxic algae blooms in neighbouring lakes, illustrate the importance of vigilance on our own lake.
A Lake Plan is a document which describes the current state of our physical community and outlines suggestions for the future stewardship of our lake. The Lake Plan may also suggest changes to the Township of Perry Official Plan and Zoning By-laws that will further protect the character and health of Bay Lake.
FYI. The Township of Perry Official Plan came into effect in January 2014.
Click here to view the Official Plan
The list of potential issues for review include the following:
- Water Quality
- Water Levels
- Septic Issues
- Pollution (of all types – water, air, light, noise)
- Safety and Security
- Wildlife (beavers, bears, geese, etc.)
- Boat Ramp
- Emergency/contingency planning
- Shoreline Naturalization
- Community Activities
- the Outlet.
If you have any other topics that you would like to see addressed, you can:
- leave them as a Comment below,
- mail them to BLPOA, PO Box 120, Novar, ON P0A 1R0,
- give them to a member of the Executive.